Our Holiday Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
’Tis the season for quintessential holiday flavours! A slice (or two) of Thermëa’s Chef Maximus’ delicious eggnog cheesecake is sure to bring merriment to the table.
For the crust
- 1 tsp of allspice
- 1 cup of graham crumbs
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- ⅓ cup of butter
For the filling
- 3 cups of cream cheese
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of eggnog
Making the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine crumbs, melted butter and ¼ cup of white sugar.
- Press the mixture down into a lined 9-inch mold. If you have one, try a 2-inch-deep spring mold.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
Making the filling
- Whip the cream cheese until creamy. If you have a stand mixer, this will take about 1 minute. If you do it by hand, about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, eggnog and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the eggs gently until fully combined.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Tip: Dust some flour on top of the cheesecake to prevent it from burning.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour or until the edges are set and the centre is slightly jiggly.
- Remove the water bath and the cheesecake from the oven and let it sit in the water bath for another hour.
- After an hour, if you used a spring mold, remove it from the water and set it on a rack. Run a pairing knife along the side to eliminate sticking.
- Serve and enjoy!