At-Home Spa-Day: 3 DIY Skincare Recipes
Treat yourself to an at-home spa day with these 3 do-it-yourself skincare recipes. But don’t forget to always do a patch test!
Brightening Blueberries Face Mask
Give your skin an at-home detox with this berry good mask! Blueberries are jam-packed with vitamins and antioxidants. They support healthy glowing skin and help repair past damage. Lemon juice acts as a firming agent. Its vitamin C also offers brightening properties. Oatmeal soaks up excess oil, helps treat acne, is anti-inflammatory and acts as a gentle exfoliator.
- 1 tbsp of mashed blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of ground oats
- Combine all ingredients to create a paste.
- Add water if needed.
- Spread evenly onto the face.
- Let sit for approximately 20 minutes.
- Gently rinse with lukewarm water.
Try the Urban Detox Facial at the spa
Rice Pudding Body Scrub
Exfoliate your way to better skin with this rice pudding-inspired body scrub. Rice is a natural cleanser and exfoliator that soothes inflammations. It is also known to have anti-aging properties. Coffee wakes up your skin, reduces inflammation and exfoliates. Coconut milk is hydrating, gentle on the skin and loaded with healthy fats.
- ½ cup of ground rice (use a blender or a mortar and pestle)
- ¼ cup of ground coffee
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients.
- Rub the scrub in a circular motion on the skin.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Tip: If you have extra coconut milk left over just add a little bit of olive oil to make a repairing hair mask!
Discover our other scrub recipes
Nourishing Banana & Olive Oil Hair Mask
Infuse your hair with moisture with this easy 2-ingredient hair mask. Olive oil is rich in nutrients. It strengthens hair and adds softness and shine by preserving moisture. Bananas have hydrating and nourishing properties as well. Packed with vitamins and minerals, it is commonly used in deep conditioning masks.
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Combine both ingredients to create a paste.
- Apply all over your hair.
- Let it sit for approximately 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
BONUS: Easy Chamomile Eye Mask
For an easy wellness moment, store your used chamomile tea bags in the refrigerator to use as eye masks later. The cool tea bags relieve and soothe irritated skin and the comforting scent of chamomile is sure to help you relax.
Looking for more at-home spa day inspiration? Check out our recipes for a perfect relaxing bath and some more homemade face mask recipes.