Our Cozy Baked Brie Recipe
The Nordik’s baked brie is a winter menu staple at the spa. Warm and comforting, it’s the perfect accompaniment to a spa day. With the holiday spirit in mind, Chef David Arseneau shares his recipe with us so we can bring a bit of the spa home. Ideal for entertaining, this cozy baked brie is sure to feature on your next dinner party’s menu.
To skip the steps below and enjoy our cozy baked brie at the spa, click here.
- 1 brie cheese (500 g)
- 250 ml of maple chili preserve (see recipe below)
- As many crostini or crackers as you need
- ½ cup of halved red grapes
- ½ cup of halved toasted pecans
Tip: Local ingredients make everything better. At the spa, we use locally made brie and maple syrup.
Maple + Chili Preserve
Makes 250 ml
- 270 ml of maple syrup
- 1 g of chili flakes (roughly ¼ tsp)
- 2.5 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of corn syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, and using a candy thermometer (or any food probe), continue to simmer until the mixture has reached 200 °F.
- Remove from heat, let cool and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- In a medium oven-safe sauté pan or dish, place your wheel of brie and top with your maple preserve.
- Place your brie in the oven for roughly 5 to 10 minutes or until the inside is warm. Keep an eye on the oven, if you heat your brie too long, it will melt into the pan. You can check the temperature by sticking a cake tester or skewer into the brie and pressing it to your lip to see if it’s warm.
- Using a spatula, place the wheel of brie into a serving bowl.
- Pour the maple syrup preserve that remains in the sauté pan or dish over your brie and top with grapes and pecans.
- Serve immediately with crostini or crackers.
- Enjoy in good company!
Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list with Nordik’s holiday packages.